Monday, December 12, 2011

DIY Save the Dates

So I have made my first attempt at Save the Date Magnets.  I realize the wedding isn't until September 2012 but I thought because Chris and I have a lot of family out of town it would be nice to recieve the Save the Date in a Christmas Card so they can pre plan :)

I found the design online and it helped me decide on what I wanted to do.  Our theme is vintage/antique and we plan on focusing on having a lot of antique keys and mason jars.  So hence the theme of the Save the Date.  I found a free template online for the Mason Jar drawing and using Word I just inputed the information in.  I bought the key puncher online and punched out tons and tons of keys and then attached the keys to the mason jar cardstock with a peice of twine.  I bought adhesive sticker magnets from the dollar store cut, stick, and volla our Save the Dates. 



***WARNING if you want to use the Avery brand magnets I found they were TERRIBLE quality.  I think because of the weight of the cardstock it didn't end up sticking to the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment